In order to obtain objective advice from a suitably qualified and experienced individual/company (Tree Consultant / Arboricultural Consultancy) in respect to issues such as tree inspection and tree preservation, the nature of the survey in relation to the level of specialism should be of paramount consideration.
These include tree care services such as specialist tree mortgage reports, H&S tree risk surveys, subsidence tree inspections, BS5837:2005 tree survey reports for development/planning permission will require an Arboricultural or Tree Consultant.
What makes a good tree consultant?
When searching for a trusted arboricultural consultant’s advice or support, it can be difficult to measure the importance of the many considerations in the selection process.
Whenever you are looking for tree inspection, tree preservation or any other tree care services, you should be aware that a suitable tree consultant:
- is someone qualified (normally to degree level) and experienced in the field of arboriculture and should specialise in the supply of the required tree survey;
- will have a suitable level of professional indemnity and public liability insurance cover;
- should have a level of professional affiliation within the arboricultural sector, i.e. Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association;
- is able to assess and interpret tree health, pest/disease symptoms and tree legislation
- will provide free quotes for the entire service you require (it is very important to make sure each quote is on a like for like basis and to check the addition of mileage charges etc); and
- will provide a tree survey schedule relating to tree work recommendations;
- will be able to provide evidence of past work and client recommendations/testimonials from reliable sources, i.e. review websites.
Are there council-approved consultants?
It is important to note when looking for reliable tree care services that, at present, councils do not operate ‘approved lists’ and do not make any recommendations for Tree Consultants.
However, certain Council websites may still have dedicated sections outlining their proposed assessment criteria and necessary considerations, with these councils including:
- Cotswold District Council ‘Selection & Appointment of Tree Consultants‘
- LBO Lambeth Council ‘Trees on Private Property‘
- Sheffield City Council ‘Choosing a Tree Contractor or Tree Consultant‘
To discuss any aspect of our tree consultant services, including tree inspection and/or tree preservation, you are welcome to contact us here at Indigo Surveys today by calling 0333 123 7080 or emailing email@example.com